Current Research Interests
- Performance analysis and optimization of wired and wireless networks
- Routing and congestion control
- Queueing theory
- Probability and statistics
- Ph.D., Systems Engineering, North-Western Polytechnic Institute, St. Petersburg, Russia, 1986.
- M.S., Systems Engineering, St. Petersburg State Technical University, St. Petersburg, Russia, 1973.
- V. Marbukh, "On Ability of a Communication Channel to Accommodate Multimedia Traffic," accepted for presentation at IEEE Globecom, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Dec. 1999.
- V. Marbukh and N. Moayeri, "A Queueing Model of a Spread Spectrum Multiple Access," Proc. 4th ACTS Mobile Communications Summit, Sorrento, Italy, June 1999.
- V. Marbukh and N. Moayeri, "A Framework for Throughput and Stability Analysis of a DS-CDMA Network," Proc. 49th IEEE Veh. Technol. Conf., Houston, TX, May 1999.
- V. Marbukh, "Loss Circuit-Switched Communications Networks: Performance Analysis and Dynamic Routing," Invited Paper, Queueing Systems: Theory and Applications, vol. 13, pp. 111-141, 1993.
- V. Marbukh, "Fully Connected Message Switched Network with a Large Number of Nodes," Problems of Information Transmission, vol. 21, pp. 154-161, 1985.
Link to personal web page
Last updated on September 2, 1999.