- C. Dabrowski, K. Mills, and S. Quirolgico, "A Model-based Analysis of First-Generation Service Discovery Systems,"
NIST Special Publication 500-260, U.S. Department of Commerce, October 2005, 110 pages.
- K. Mills, (editor), "Networking for Pervasive Computing,"
NIST Special Publication 500-259, U.S. Department of Commerce, July 2005.
- C. Tan and K. Mills, "Performance Characterization of Decentralized Algorithms for Replica Selection in Distributed Object Systems,"
Proceedings of the 5th International Workshop on Software Performance, July 11-14, 2005, Palma de Majorca, Spain ACM Press, pp. 257-262.
- N. Golmie, N. Chevrollier, O. Rebala, "Bluetooth and WLAN Coexistence: Challenges and Solutions,"
IEEE Wireless Communications Magazine, December 2003.
- N. Golmie, "Bluetooth Dynamic Scheduling and Interference Mitigation," ACM Mobile Networks,
MONET Vol. 9, No. 1, February 2004.
- N. Golmie, R. E. Van Dyck, A. Soltanian, A. Tonnerre, and O. Rebala, "Interference Evaluation of Bluetooth
and IEEE 802.11b Systems," in ACM Wireless Networks 2003, Vol. 9, pp. 202-211.
- N. Golmie, O. Rebala, "Bluetooth Adaptive Techniques to Mitigate Interference," Proceedings of
IEEE GLOBECOM 2003, San Francisco, CA, December 2003. pp. 405-409.
- N. Golmie, N. Chevrollier, and O. Rebala, "Bluetooth Adaptive Frequency Hopping and Scheduling,"
in the Proceedings of Military Communications, MILCOM 2003, Boston, MA, October 2003. pp 1138-1142.
- N. Golmie and O. Rebala, "Techniques to Improve the Performance of TCP in a mixed Bluetooth and WLAN Environment,"
Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Communications, ICC, Anchorage, AK, May 2003. pp. 1181-1185.
- K. Mills, S. Rose, S. Quirolgico, M. Britton, and C. Tan, "An Autonomic Failure-Detection Algorithm",
Proceedings of the 4th International Workshop on Software Performance (WoSP 2004), January 14-16, 2004, San Francisco,
California, ACM Press, p. 79.
- K. Bowers, K. Mills, S. Quirolgico, and S. Rose, "Self-Managed Leasing for Distributed Systems",
Proceedings of the 1st Workshop on Algorithms and Architectures for Self-Managing Systems, co-sponsored by ACM SIGMETRICS, June 2003.
- C. Dabrowski, K. Mills, and A. Rukhin, "Performance of Service-Discovery Architectures in Response to
Node Failures", Proceedings of the 2003 International Conference on Software Engineering Research and Practice (SERP'03), CSREA
Press, June 2003, pp. 95-101.
- S. Rose, K. Bowers, S. Quirolgico, and K. Mills, "Improving Failure Responsiveness in Jini Leasing",
Proceedings of the 3rd DARPA Information Survivability Conference and Exposition (DISCEX-III 2003), IEEE Computer Society, April, 2003,
Vol. II, pp. 103-105.
- K. Mills and C. Dabrowski,
"Adaptive Jitter Control for UPnP M-Search", Proceedings of ICC 2003, May 11-15,
2003 in Anchorage, Alaska.
- K. Bowers, K. Mills, and S. Rose,
"Self-adaptive Leasing for Jini" Proceedings of the IEEE PerCom 2003, Forth Worth, Texas, March 23-26, 2003, pp. 539-542.
- C. Dabrowski and K. Mills,
"Understanding Self-healing in Service Discovery Systems", Proceedings of the First
ACM SigSoft Workshop on Self-healing Systems (WOSS '02), November 18-19, 2002, Charleston, South
Carolina, ACM Press, pp. 15-20.
- C. Dabrowski, K. Mills, and J.Elder,
"Understanding Consistency Maintenance in Service Discovery Architectures in Response to Message Loss"
, Proceedings of the 4th International Workshop on Active Middleware Services, IEEE Computer Society, July
2002, pp. 51-60.
- C. Dabrowski, K. Mills, and J.Elder,
"Understanding Consistency Maintenance in Service Discovery Architectures during Communication Failure" Proceedings of the
3rd International Workshop on Software Performance, ACM, July 2002, pp. 168-178
- A. Soltanian and R. E. Van Dyck, "Performance of the Bluetooth System in
Fading Dispersive Channels and Interference," Proceedings of IEEE Globecom, San Antonio, TX, Nov. 2001.
- N. Golmie, "Interference in the 2.4 GHz Band," Proceedings of the First
International Conference on Applications and Services in Wireless Networks, ASW’2001, Evry, France, July
25-27, 2001, pp.187-199.
- N. Golmie, N. Chevrollier, I. ElBakkouri, "Interference Aware Bluetooth
Packet Scheduling," Proceedings of Global Telecommunications Conference, 2001. GLOBECOM '01.
IEEE Volume: 5, 2001, Page(s): 2857 -2863
- Kevin L. Mills and Jean Scholtz, "Situated Computing: The Next
Frontier from HCI Research", Chapter 24 in Human-Computer Interaction in the New Millennium, (John M.
Carroll,editor), ACM Press, Addison-Wesley, New York, 2002.
- K. Mills and A. Dima, "Smart-space Researchers: An Interview with Kevin
Mills and Alden Dima", ;login: The Magazine of Usenix & SAGE, Volume 25, Number 4, July 2000, pp.
- C. Dabrowski and K. Mills,"Analyzing Properties and Behavior of
Service Discovery Protocols using an Architecture-based Approach," Proceedings of Working Conference
on Complex and Dynamic Systems Architecture, December 2001. .
- N. Golmie, N. Chevrollier, "Techniques to Improve Bluetooth
Performance in Interference Environments.," Proceedings of MILCOM 2001,
October 28-31, 2001, McLean, VA.
- N. Golmie, R. E. Van Dyck, and A. Soltanian, "Interference of
Bluetooth and IEEE 802.11: Simulation Modeling and Performance Evaluation,"
Proceedings of the Fourth International ACM Workshop on Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of
Wireless and Mobile Systems, July 2001, Rome, Italy.
- N. Golmie, F. Mouveaux, "Interference in the 2.4 GHz ISM Band:
Impact on the Bluetooth Access Control Performance," Proceedings of the 18th International
Conference on Communications (ICC'01), June 11-15, 2001, Helsinki, Finland.
- A. Soltanian and R. E. Van Dyck, "Physical Layer Performance
for Coexistence of Bluetooth and IEEE 802.11b," Proc. 2001 Virginia Tech
Symposium on Wireless Personal Communications, Blacksburg, VA, June 2001.